A finger chuck is a good example of an axial gripping chuck. These chucks are known as finger chucks due to their finger-like pull back gripping of a part. It grips unusually shaped components, where only an axial gripping force can be applied. Aluminium wheels are a typical application for this chuck.
GMT has developed a specialized finger chuck for second operations where radial clamping is not possible. The axial tension results in distortion-free gripping of the workpiece. Additionally, this chuck has a workpiece locator to ensure the exact location. A suitable locator locates the component centre. Furthermore, the fingers, located in a rod with a helical groove, ensure that the component is flat against the chuck. Also, this enables loading yet ensures accurate location.
A hydraulic cylinder actuates the chuck fingers, which swing in and clamp the component in a single motion. The actuator pin is located on a helical groove for actuating the finger chuck. During de-clamping, the fingers lift and swing outwards, thus releasing the component for unloading and loading. Also, the finger chuck firmly clamps the component without any distortion or surface damage.
- Chuck has a locator for locating the component
- Power Operated Twist finger chucks cannot perform without locating the component
- Fingers are located in a rod, which has a helical groove
- Actuator pin located on helical groove for actuating the finger. Fingers during clamping and de-clamping lift, swings in and out, for component loading and unloading
These chucks are widely in the following industries and applications:
- Oil, Energy & Wind generators
- Heavy duty machines
- Pump housings
Furthermore, GMT has over 60 years of experience in designing and manufacturing workholding equipment to suit various special applications. We attach great importance to consultation and service. Hence, if you have a requirement of distortion-free clamping, please contact us. Our engineers will be happy to provide you with a suitable workholding solution.
Finally, please visit us at https://gmtmachinetools.blogspot.in – a new blog dedicated to all GMT customers…interact with our technical experts.
Our Other Products
- Workholding Range
- Special Workholding
- 3 Jaw Hydraulic Chucks
- 4 Jaw Chucks
- Power Chucks
- CNC Lathe Chuck
- Manual Chucks
- Custom Made Chucks
- Auto Indexing Chuck
- Hand Indexing Chuck
- Collet Chuck
- Chuck for Machining Bonnets
- Chuck for Machining Gears
- Chuck for Machining Steering Knuckles
- Chuck for Machining Valve Bodies
- Eccentric Compensating Chuck
- Eccentric Compensating Retractable Jaw Chuck
- Expanding Mandrel
- Finger Chuck
- Friction Welding Chuck
- Grip Down Chuck
- Quick Change Jaw Chuck
- Universal Ball Lock Chuck
- Pneumatic Front End Chucks